BREAKING NEWS

Monday 7 June 2010

Poz & Bareback Pride

We're into the Pride season with various events held across the UK and indeed the world. Recent years have seen an apparent growth in the number of sites that apply the term 'pride' to being HIV positive and to the fetishisation of bareback sex. This site sells a lot of T-shirts and additional gear with Poz Pride/Bareback pride logos and it left me wondering if they will make an appearance at any Pride events this year. I suspect they would go down badly (even though I suspect a significant number - perhaps even a majority - present at these pride events bareback). If anyone does see them please add a comment/send me a tweet. Would you wear one of these t-shirts?

Share this:

Terry Willey said...

I'm the first person out there to back freedom of speech. But when you have to use such a right to slam and make others feel bad thats just wrong. I personally would wear one of the T-Shirts you think so offensive that it wouldn't go over well if they were brought to any of the pride events. I hate to say it but trying to make people feel ashamed in this day and age is akin to what the church has always tried doing with gay people. We all have pride in ourselves regardless of age,gender,sexual orientation,or health status.

Law & Sexuality said...

Thanks for your comment Terry but I think you missed what I was saying. I was not suggesting that to wear them would be wrong. I, like you, favour free speech. I said I thought they would go down badly - I think they will. That's to say, people at pride would be less keen to wear them and seek to define themselves publicly by that identity - whatever they might say and do in private.

I wouldn't wear one but I'd have no problems being alongside someone who was wearing one.

 
Copyright © 2014 Law and Sexuality. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates