BREAKING NEWS

Sunday 9 August 2009

SSSP Final Day

I went to the session I'd been the most excited about in advance this morning. Once again an 8.30 start so the session didn't get the audience it deserved. It was the only session I've attended that had people presenting/chairing, who I were familiar with and had read their work. One of the speakers knocked the ball out of the stadium. Incredible mind, terrific presentation. The rest of the papers I've seen today have been OK but didn't really grab me. I'm off in a little while to a session I wouldn't have gone to ordinarily but I'm going to support someone.

The audience for academic papers tends to be a mix of those who want to be there because they're interested in the topic, those whoa re there because the person presenting is one of 'the great and good', those that are there because they want to be noticed by/have a conversation with the 'great and good' and those that are their to support someone else.

So, that will then be the last session of the conference. I've been asked along to a social tonight and that will be my last night in SF. Flying back tomorrow afternoon so I shall be back to "normal" blogging in a few days.

My aim of these last few blog posts was to give readers more of an insight into the academic conference . I hope by being as honest and complete as possible, it has done that.

Share this:

Sean Hennelly said...

It sounds like it was a phenomenal coneference- I'm very jealous that I couldn't be there- but one day! Very interesting blog updates Chris- it's interesting to see how these things work on the other side of the water! San Fran (from these updates and those about your field trip earlier in the year) seems a really fascinating place- full of culture, I'd love to go

 
Copyright © 2014 Law and Sexuality. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates