BREAKING NEWS

Monday 7 June 2010

Law Commission: Simplification of Criminal Law: Public Nuisance and Outraging Public Decency

When I get a moment I will be knocking together a response to the latest Law Commission consultation on 'Simplification of Criminal Law: Public Nuisance and Outraging Public Decency'. The Report is available here. I'll post my response on here when I submit it. It's a welcome opportunity to re-consider the law relating to outraging public decency and as the document makes clear - it's an opportunity to review both the common law and statutes regarding public sex. The report aims at clarity and simplification and those are positions I've previously argued with the House of Commons Select Committee on Communities when they considered public sex in lavatories.

Share this:

 
Copyright © 2014 Law and Sexuality. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates