BREAKING NEWS

Friday 8 May 2009

First Civil Partnered Labour Councillor Elected

Bit of local news from just down the road in Hartlepool. I had a tweet this morning from LGBT Labour who drew my attention to the election of the first Labour 'civil-partnered' councillor. The full results were:

Christopher Akers-Belcher Labour 532
Cheryl Dunn British National Party 157
Dave Pascoe UK Independence Party 300
Ray Pocklington Conservative 102
Pamela Turnedge Liberal Democrat 166
The turnout was 26.69%.

I hadn't really thought about it properly before but I had just kind of assumed it had already happened. Given this news I was left wondering who was the first civil-partnered councillor and have the Tories all ready got one/more? As the biggest part of local government you would think/hope so.

Share this:

 
Copyright © 2014 Law and Sexuality. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates