BREAKING NEWS

Thursday 14 May 2009

Oui Love

Blackpool has been seen as one of the 'gay destinations' in the UK. My visit to the self styled 'best gay hotel in Blackpool' Trades as a student with my then boyfriend is burnt in my memory for the men wandering around in the middle of the night. It wasn't the best hotel for it's fine furnishings put it that way. It also had this bloody parrots in the back yard that were noisy through the night. I should say since then it's been refurbished and I think has new managers. Anyway, the reason for my nostalgic ramblings is that Blackpool tourism have released a new video on YouTube that pitches the resort in a fresh light. It's an attempt to make it a more sophisticated destination and I do love the ad but it left me wondering (say it out loud in a Sarah Jessica-Parker like voice) is it trashy to be gay? Do we have to straighten ourselves up and become French to be appealing? Anyway, love the vid.

Share this:

 
Copyright © 2014 Law and Sexuality. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates