BREAKING NEWS

Saturday 8 August 2009

SSSP Day 2/3/4

OK, I got up at 6.30 this morning as the conference kicks of at 8 and I need to get changed and grab some breakfast. A friend called last night and I was so out of it that I was convinced the phones in the hotel randomly ring in the night and it was "just doing it again". Very odd. Yesterday I caught some papers that helped inform the content of my law and sexuality course together with how I teach the course but they were generally speaking a mixed bag. One could have been done much better by my past graduates (if you're reading this - that's definitely you!) but I bottled it and said nothing in the questions, fearing an ugly crowd. Another was brilliant. Really well delivered, contained passion and humour, and was actually really interesting research. Definitely going into my course next year as I always struggle to address lesbian issues. So, more papers today, I'm hoping I can actually stay awake to go out tonight but it's touch and go. Nothing desperately exciting today actually so I might take a couple of hours out this afternoon to visit the Castro. It's tomorrow I'm excited about - there's a BDSM panel and given I'm working on an article that tries to link the R vBrown notion of 'violence' through to 'barebacking', it should be really useful for my current research. It might be Monday when I next update, just before I fly back. It's all gone by far too quickly.

Share this:

 
Copyright © 2014 Law and Sexuality. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates