BREAKING NEWS

Friday 15 January 2010

Women get bored easily...apparently

Oh Lynx thank you. I'm conscious I seem to have posted an awful lot of important and serious posts recently and it's time for a lighter (but I would suggest equally important) story. Lynx deodorant (better known as Axe to some readers) has a new advert for 'Lynx twist' which is supposed to be an evolving fragrance. What's particularly interesting about this ad is it's like a throwback to a forgotten age. All men are heterosexual seeking to attract women. Women are these feminine creatures that do so get easily bored so if you keep changing how you smell she will stay interested. Of course, it's progress of sorts that it is the man seeking to persuade the demanding women of his charms. Lynx has always traded as the ultra-masculine fragrance and you could say it hasn't done them any harm. It would just be nice if once in a while they recognised that maybe it's not just straight men who buy it (although I'm not one of them. lol). Watch the advert bellow and tell me what you think by clicking comments.

Share this:

Anthony Blake said...

Hmmm I think its just one of them things that we are all used to, Lynx isn't the only brand directed soley to the hetero market, there's Gilette (but gay men shave too...and not just the face)
But then again, I'm not sure I'd like to see more representations of homosexuality in ads because many companies just use it to shock the audience rather than to promote equality.

 
Copyright © 2014 Law and Sexuality. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates