BREAKING NEWS

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Birthday Blog: From the Archive Pt2

2008 was the year of the US Presidential Election and the 'coming' of Obama.  In February of that year I once again commented that I thought Democrats should choose Obama over Clinton, but, as you'll see in this post, I predicted that Clinton would still clinch it.  Yep, sometimes I get it badly wrong!

By April I was despairing that she was doing well, but noted that she had started to reach out to LGBT audiences more (something Obama had done from early on).  Re-reading my November post on the Obama victory brings back those feelings of dizzying hope, the amazing sweep of his rhetoric.  Yet, I also pointed to the Proposition 8 victory  - a  historic event which would lead to the Perry case, expected before the US Supreme Court later this year - and I also cautioned that Obama would have to change his rhetoric into action.  As Obama bids for a second term, we need a lot more action.

Share this:

 
Copyright © 2014 Law and Sexuality. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates