I've decided to knock together a small research bid to get some funding for some refreshments/pay for key speakers to travel etc. Here's as far as my thoughts have taken me thus far with regard to the actual event:
- It should be a one day event, and should allow people sufficient time to travel the venue - and we can use my own Uni (make a change to have an event 'up North').
- The emphasis should be on discussion/exploring ideas rather than 'sit and listen'
- Nonetheless, there needs to be some sort of primer to discussion - how best is this achieved? Some key speakers - HE leaders, academics, students? Starting points for discussion?
- We should try and include students and those outside 'the Academy'
- Follow up discussion slot - possible at ALT and/or SLSA Annual Conferences in April next year?
- Tweeting would be encouraged?