BREAKING NEWS

Thursday 4 November 2010

"Mom, Can I go as Daphne?"

This is the sweetest story I've read in such a long time. A US Mom has blogged in defence of her son's request (and her consent) that her son dressed up as Daphne from Scooby-Doo for Halloween. Her five year old son can be seen on the right of this post. Christian mothers (Chritains celebrating a pagan festival, surely some mistake?) criticised her decision as she recounts in her post:

“And then Mom C approaches,” writes Nerdy Apple Bottom. “She had been in the main room, saw us walk in, and followed us down the hall to let me know her thoughts. And they were that I should never have ‘allowed’ this and thank God it wasn’t next year when he was in Kindergarten since I would have had to put my foot down and ‘forbidden’ it. To which I calmly replied that I would do no such thing and couldn’t imagine what she was talking about. She continued on and on about how mean children could be and how he would be ridiculed.

“My response to that: The only people that seem to have a problem with it is their mothers.”

What a fab Mom. Well done you.

The Advocate reported on the story and the original full blog can be read here.

Share this:

 
Copyright © 2014 Law and Sexuality. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates