BREAKING NEWS

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Erotic Awards 2011

Hurrah, the Erotic Awards finalists have been published (yes, I'm a little slow blogging it) and many tears in the Ashford home for once again, there's no flying golden penis for me. I'm not for one moment asserting I should have been shortlisted (I've not done anything to merit it!) but I do crave one of these wonderful awards. It would also sent my institutions media unit into meltdown, "you've won a national award, brilliant, when can we do a photo with you and the award for the press release?" quickly becomes "the award looks like what?"

Anyhow, the Erotic Awards raise funds for Outsiders, a wonderful charity which helps disabled people gain confidence and find partners. Since 1994, the awards have aimed to 'herald the most talented, and influential sex-positive pioneers. Together, we create a sensational show and exhibition of their work and honour our winners with a Golden Flying Penis Trophy.'

You can view the full list of finalists here. There's no academic category which is a bit of a shame but the wonderful Onscenity network is a finalist in the campaigner category. I've previously blogged on the AHRC funded group and I really hope they win, but I suspect the Adult Industry trade Association will give them tough competition in that category.

The finals will take at the Night of the Senses on Friday 20th May 2011 in London. It will include an exhibition of the Erotic Awards finalists, presentations to the winners, the finals of the striptease, performance art and singing categories. We are delighted to welcome back Babe of Rockbitch fame to present the show. After the show, the Ball continues all night. See www.nightofthesenses.com. You should also check them out on Twitter here.

Congratulations to all finalists!

Share this:

 
Copyright © 2014 Law and Sexuality. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates